I guess I lied about not making any banana pancakes this time around... because I'm pretty sure that's what I'm doing at this instant... This is based off the recipe from Sarah Kramer's "La Dolce Vegan". I've just changed it a bit. It goes really well with some pure maple syrup and coffee.
Banana Pecan Pancakes:
1 c. unbleached flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 c. pecans, chopped
1 c. soymilk
1 very ripe banana, mashed
2 Tb. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1. In a 350 oven, place pecans in a single layer and toast until browned (about 5 minutes or so).
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the soymilk, mashed banana, brown sugar, and vanilla.
4. Add the toasted, chopped pecans to the flour mixture, and then add the soymilk/banana mixture. Stir until combined.
5. Cook in an oiled skillet/griddle until the pancake becomes dry around the edges and bubbles form in the center. Flip and cook another minute or two. Re-oil the skillet if pancakes start to stick. Enjoy!