So I'm making this just a quick update, since I'm not actually on my home computer (all my photos are on that one), but I have some seriously exciting foodz coming up!
1. Chili-Lime Vegetable Kebabs (since it's that grilling time of the year). It's a mixture of sweet peppers, onions, mushrooms, zucchini, yellow squash, and tomatoes marinated in a spicy chili-lime sauce.
2. Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes!! You know me and vegan cupcakes. I can't resist a challenge and what summer BBQ is complete without strawberry shortcake? Since I'm avoiding most soy, I decided to go a different route and make cupcakes that had the summery flavor I desired rather than making a shortcake and using some soy-based whip. These little cuppycakes have a cake that is nice and moist, but not too sweet (like real shortcake), filled with a vanilla cream, and topped with sliced strawberries. They're pretty AND delicious!
I also have a couple of recipes I've been meaning to post for quite sometime, including:
3. Coconut Pie Pancakes (pancakes are my fifth food group)!
4. Carob Chip Banana Bread (new and improved).
And my hearty breakfast (lunch, snack, and dinner...) staple:
5. Biscuits! I don't know what kind of Midwest vegan I would be without a go-to biscuit recipe. I've worked this recipe to perfection and it only takes 15 minutes to whip up a batch of these babies. I usually double it!
And I'm sure there's more cause I've been slacking in the recipe department. Have a safe Memorial Day, and please remember it's not just about having a BBQ and getting schnockered.