Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Easy Chunky Pasta Sauce

I developed this easy pasta sauce recipe for my boyfriend. It has great flavor, tender veggies, and pairs well with whole grain pasta. You can make a lot, or you can make a little. It's up to you! Also, I know must sun-dried tomato pesto isn't vegan (it has Romano and/or Parmesan cheese in it), but I had previously made some without dairy (but still full of sun-dried tomato and herb-y deliciousness). However, in the awesome world of vegan grocery stores and very large cities, I'm fairly confident it wouldn't be that hard to find (I'm sure I'll post that recipe eventually).

Enjoy!

Chunky Pasta Sauce:
Olive oil, or olive spray
1 onion, diced
4 large white mushrooms, sliced
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 tsp. garlic
4 Tb. sun-dried tomato pesto
1 (8-0z) can tomato sauce
2 Tb. water
1 tsp. sugar

1. In a large skillet, saute the onion and garlic in olive oil/spray until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes and mushrooms and saute a few more minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
3. Add the tomato sauce, pesto, water, and sugar. Stir well.
4. Reduce heat and let simmer about 20 minutes.
5. Serve over your favorite pasta.

No comments: