Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Blackberry-Lemon Power Smoothie!

Here's another high protein smoothie for your tastebuds. I made this after I found organic blackberries on sale at HyVee for super cheap. They also turned out to be really tasty, so I won all around. This is a lot like my other workout smoothie, but the blackberries are powerful and completely change the flavor. After seeing another brand of soy yogurt on a vegan blog, I just had to give it a try. I managed to find some at Whole Foods for a decent price so I thought I'd give it a taste.

And you know what? I'd say it's rather awesome. Definitely, the best soy yogurt I've tried. I've never liked lemon yogurt (even when I ate dairy) because I found the flavor to be off, but Whole Soy & Co. has this lemon yogurt down. It's my favorite flavor!

This smoothie is kind of a twist on the blackberry-lemon flavor combination.

Blackberry-Lemon Power Smoothie:
1 scoop vanilla rice protein powder
1/2 c. coconut water
1/2 (6 oz.) container lemon soy yogurt
1/2 Tb. shelled hempseeds
1/3 c. fresh or frozen raspberries
1/3 c. fresh blackberries
1/2 a frozen banana
Ice cubes and/or additional coconut water for consistency
Throw in some fresh lemon juice or slices if you got it

1. Mix everything in a blender.
2. Drink it up!

The breakdown (in amounts used in the recipe):
Protein powder - 14 grams protein
Soy yogurt - 3 grams protein
Hempseeds - 4 grams protein
Banana - 0.5 grams protein

1 comment:

All inclusive deals said...

Protein is very essential for our body so you posted here very nice recipe which is very healthy, tasty and easy to prepare.