Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Three-Pepper Stir Fry

I love stir-fry! It's so healthy, easy, and quick. I'm on a tofu kick right now so I've been making a lot of it. Also, for some odd reason that I don't fully understand, bell peppers and broccoli have been super cheap here lately. Strange...

Anyway, this recipe combines three different colored bell peppers, along with onions, broccoli, tofu, and some walnuts to give it a boost of protein and heart-healthy fat. They're lightly covered in a thin sauce, so feel free to eat a bunch of it!



Three-Pepper Stir Fry:

1/2 EACH yellow, red, and orange bell pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1/2 block of baked (leftover) tofu (about 1/2 - 3/4 c.)
1 head broccoli, cut into florets and pieces
1/4 c. walnuts, chopped
1 tsp. garlic, minced

Sauce:
2 Tb. tamari
1 Tb. sherry
1 Tb. lime juice
1/2 tsp. garlic-chile sauce
1/2 tsp. arrowroot powder

1. In a dry skillet, toast the walnuts. It only takes a couple minutes. Set aside.
2. Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and add chopped veggies, tofu, and minced garlic. Let cook about 5 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
3. Meanwhile, while veggies are cooking, make sauce.
4. Once the veggies are crisp-tender, and the walnuts and sauce and let cook another minute or so until it thickens up a bit and all the stir-fry is nice and coated. Enjoy!

Ahh... now that the food's taken care of, I guess I can get back to this:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

IMPORTANT! EMAIL ME! Apparently, your phone is out of comission as well. Or call my brother, but if you do, you'll have to threaten him with evil things if he doesn't tell me asap that you called, because he has a bad habit of not relaying messages. Do you have his #?

Also, my blog has moved. http://wanderinghen.wordpress.com/

I HAVE STUFF FOR YOU THAT'S GOING TO GO TO WASTE IF YOU DON'T GET A HOLD OF ME, LADY!!!

Peace and Full Bellies! ;)