Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Yay! and some updates!


A quick update:

1. My favorite magazine in the world, BUST, has added Isa Chandra Moskowitz (of PPK and Vegan with a Vengeance fame) to their new food column, "Nickel and Dined". If you haven't read this magazine before, I highly encourage it. This is one of those magazines that actually makes you feel good reading it. It's "for women with something to get off their chest" and it's chock full of music, news, indie culture, and d.i.y. There's never a column telling you to lose weight or to get this season's $3500 Prada bag, or what you should change about yourself to get a husband. I'm sure you'll be hooked like I am.

2. I knew it was a good day to go to the thrift store! I found a book called "Sweet Temptations" and it's chock full of completely raw desserts! It has recipes for pies, tarts, cookies, candies, cakes, and more, all 100% raw with easy to find ingredients and easy to prepare instructions. I'm dying to try some of these fabulous-sounding recipes out, and any winners I'll post online!

3. I have the BEST IDEA EVER for some cupcakes. I made a batch of those chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting and they were a huge hit! My dad, a real meat and potatoes guy who's not that keen on sweet stuff, absolutely loved them! I wish I had an outlet for my baking other than special occasions and holidays. I absolutely love baking up big batches of scones and cupcakes, but it's usually just me around and what in the heck am I gonna do with two dozen cupcakes? I guess I can just hope for a neighborhood with a large abundance of children, lol. But as I was saying, I recently had a sugar-high induced revelation involving cupcakes... mallow cream filled chocolate s'mores cupcakes, perfect for fall/Halloween. I've also been wanting to make some pumpkin-spice and carrot cake healthy muffins, for when I'm too lazy to put bread in the toaster before class...

4. My mom has gone off to Florida for two weeks to help care for her cousin who's having some serious surgery done. I'll probably be spending some more time at my parent's house making sure my dad doesn't starve to death while she's gone (lol) so it might be awhile before I get to update again.

Anywho. I hope you're enjoying this beautiful fall weather as much as I am. Some advice for the season: take a walk and eat some soup! :)

No comments: