Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

I had an epiphany...

So I had an epiphany this morning, and this is what it came down to:

I completely changed my diet almost two years ago exactly. I cut out animal products. I started drinking soymilk and I stopped eating cheese. I started trying new vegetables and I made them a part of almost every meal. With the decision to eat whole, natural, and organic foods, I cut out refined sugars and flours (including high fructose corn syrup). My goal was to not eat a food that had an ingredient I couldn't pronounce. I knew that by doing this I would feel healthier and I would enjoy food more.

Then came the epiphany...

I haven't been sick in nearly two years. Merely coincidence? I think not!

I haven't had a single cold or case of the flu (not once!).

I also used to routinely get UTIs, and when I cut out high fructose corn syrup a year ago, they disappeared too.

A couple years ago I used to have a problem with Irritable Bowel Syndrome, when I cut out dairy and fried foods, it disappeared (I guess that one's a "duh").

I have never felt so healthy in my life as I do now, and I know it's a direct result of my diet. If food is fuel, it only makes sense to give my body the best there is.

I encourage EVERYONE to change their way of eating. If it can lengthen your life and improve the quality of it at the same time, why wouldn't you? It make sound drastic, but it just takes baby steps. Switch from white to whole wheat. Switch from canned veggies to fresh (or at least frozen). Don't EVEN THINK about buying that can of fruit cocktail.

You can do it.

1 comment:

janelle said...

I love this!!! I feel exactly the same way. I was thinking I haven't been sick with even a cold since I went veg. Love the blog!